AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toshiba 65HX83 just arrived this morning and I've went through the 9 point convergence. There is obvious adjustment that still needs to be done.

I followed a link through another post on how to enter the service menu and do a 56 point convergence on all 3 guns. My question is, for waht I'm doing, is this really as risky as the disclaimer says?

"CAUTIOIN: Working in the Service and Designer Mode can potentially and irrevocably damage your set. Enter at your own risk"

I understand that I can fubar my tv while in there, but is it really something to be concerned about if all I'm doing is a 56 point convergence on the red, blue, and green guns?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I was as uncomfortable as you seem, before I did the Service Mode 56-point convergence on my Toshiba. I had never done anything like this before, and this is the most expensive TV I have ever bought.

However, now that I have done it, it wasn't really that all that difficult. If you really screw it up, just don't save it by pressing '7' on the remote (just turn the set 'off' instead).

Still heed the warning. Don't mess with anything else while in Service Mode (development engineer's Designer Mode doesn't exist anymore). There are program values, which can be changed when in Service Mode, that can permanently disable the set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.