AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....first chance to watch college football today with HD on my 567, WOW! Watched the Georgia/LSU game and invited one of my neighbors over to see how it looked and before I knew it his wife was over and then his father. All were amazed....as was I.

I'd also like to mention that other than some adjustments to the basic controls, the incredible pictures I'm seeing on my 567 have been accomplished without having to adjust anything on the SM. I gotta admit I was tempted to play around with the SM when I had just regular cable, but decided to see how things looked with HD, and am very glad I didn't mess with anything. Even the black levels look incredible. I watched my first HD movie last night, Full Metal Jacket, and it to was incredible to watch. I also have a Sammy WS 32" CRT, and, in my opinion, the movie looked better on the DLP! So....one continued happy camper here....now, if I can just get more channels with HD....heavy sigh, patience......

Oh....and to make things even better, Clemson finally kicked ass tonight over the Yellow Jackets.....39-3.....what a great day......

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hey, Clemson did have a good game today! I kept up with both the Clemson and Carolina games tonight at work.

Excellent choice going with the 567, and I'm glad you are happy with it.

Keep us informed as to how much you like your tv. This is the set I am eyeing at Tweeters. Do you have any issues with Rainbows, internal reflections or any other problem??

Thanks for any information!

James

·
Registered
84 Posts
I also watched same game with same 567w and that was just amazing.

But, one bad thing, georgia .......they didn't win.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
James....nope, haven't had any of the problems you mentioned. Not sure whether I got lucky, or my eyes just don't (want?) pick up on those things. I really have been happy with the 567. Before I got the HD feed, I even felt like the regular cable was pretty good. However, ever since getting the HD hooked up, either the new box doesn't "transmit" the regular cable as well or my eyes have gotten spoiled by the HD picture. But, the main reason I got this TV was for HD viewing, so not going to let that bother me. The black levels were a little bothersome on some regular TV shows, but haven't noticed any problems with the black levels on HD. It's just hard to describe the improved PQ with HD. As for Tweeters, that is where I got mine. They didn't deal at all....and it wasn't until I got a 10% off "coupon" in the mail from them did I get them down to $4K for the TV. I did purchase the 3 year warranty and am happy that I was able to buy it locally in case there are any problems (yikes, fingers crossed). Good luck on your purchase!

Ocrash....sorry the Dawgs didn't pull that one out....but they sure pounded the orange clad Tigers! boooooooooooooo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.