AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I am in the market to get a LCD HDTV 32" or higher for around $700, but also have the opportunity to get a 57" Hitachi Projection TV. Model number HIT57F710. We expect to use the TV primarily for Playstation 3 gaming and watching sports/movies. This TV is a 1080i/720p, and the LCD TVs I was looking at were 1080p. I am aware of the 1080i vs. 1080p difference -- how will this affect our Playstation 3 gaming?

While a few years old, the Hitachi Projection TV is still under warranty until late in 2010. What is everyone's opinion on what we should do? Get the older but much larger Projection TV or get a new 37" LCD HDTV?

Thanks for all input!

·
Registered
371 Posts
There's no comparison. With a little tweaking, the crt set will look much better and size really does matter!

Playstation 3 games are almost entirely 720p, so that's not a factor. Screen size is a VERY big deal. 32" is too small to appreciate HD from more than about 4' back.

Get the Hitachi and check out the "don't dump you CRTRPTV" thread.

Enjoy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.