AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was all LCD gung-ho, but am beginning to want at least a 50" flat panel. That rules out the Sonys, which I really like. I'm now looking at The Hitachi 55" (the one at CC had a couple of issues), or keeping an eye on that new Sharp 57" coming out. Will that cost $12,000 or some rediculous number?

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
 http://www.i4u.com/article4228.html

While MSRP runs around $12-13K I would expect to lop off at least a third much like the 65" margins. Over time I would expect it to become more mainstream with 60" plasma's to compete with the new 1080P plasma's coming out during the next year. Initial production quota's may limit price drops until they ramp up. It took a year for the 45" to become more of a consumer priced panel that competes at similar pricing the other quality 50" plasma's, mine cost less than the PX500.

You don't necessarily judge the Hitachi based upon in-store viewing and they make a Director Series that isn't sold at CC. Definitely should run about half or less than the LCD and the Director Series has a non-reflective panel.:D

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
MSRP is $15,999 while recommended retail is $14,999. There is already a waiting list.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
This is the size TV I' would love to have. I hope to get a few years more out of my 37" Sharp. I hope the 57" comes down in price which I'm sure will happen. But for now there the price of a Buick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.