AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to make the "Black Side Panel" the default for watching SD satellite TV?

I hate have to switch it from gray every time I turn it on.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jbryer
Is there any way to make the "Black Side Panel" the default for watching SD satellite TV?

I hate have to switch it from gray every time I turn it on.
If you have the set with bars on the side, then you are going to burn the screen over time, and one of the best things about this unit, is that in 16 x9 standard, it renders a very good picture relative to other models, so given those 2 reasons, why are you not filling the screen?

What source are you using for analog bye the bye?

I don't think there is a way around that because the color is tied to on/off versus just input change, and so if there is a way, it would have to be in the service mode, but maybe Hitachi can answer if you call.

I do have a favor to ask though, and I hope you will consider granting me that. Please don't come on here and whine about the burnin marks on your set if you keep watching it this way, and I hope you will try the other way, because any slight difference will go away in your mind's eye after a very short period. I just tried putting it back and after living with it that way like I have, I didn't even notice a difference, except it is a smaller picture with bars.

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
I agree. I can't stand when people come on the boards and post their wines and complaints about their TV's when they see something that no one else in the world can see. After a while, people just get tired of reading their posts and don't even care anymore because they post a copy of War and Peace to explain what is happening with their TV and to justify their decision to change models or brands.

Just my $.02.

DV

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO whining here....I just don't like the stretch modes.

btw, I'm using a Hughes direcTV reciever...the non-HD version. I haven't got the HD reciever yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.