AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i took the plunge last night thanks to the 10% and went to Sears in Mountain View to inquire about the Sony 57HW40 which seems to be one of the newer popular model RPTV's around here. I hope i'm happy with it, i haven't actually seen one showing a picture yet but if worse comes to worse Sears will let me swap it for another RPTV if i don't like it in the first 30 days.

In case anyone is curious, the price i ended up paying was similar to what others have mentioned in here. I scoured the internet for the cheapest price i could find on the unit which was a hair under $2700 (msrp is 3299. Sears i think wanted 3199 for it). Sears matched the price and gave me 10% off the price so that ended up down around 2400. I had to pay delivery which was $50, tax which was a hair under $200, and for peace of mind i bought the 3 year Sears Warrenty for $300. Heres my price breakdown:

hdtv 2735.00

3yr 299.99

-10% -303.60

delivery 50.00

subtotal 2782.38

8% tax 196.99

total 2979.37

I couldn't get 1 year 0% financing but as a new Sears card holder i did get 3 months at 0%. So I plan on paying it off fairly quickly.. I had no problem at all getting this deal there. They were very eager to help and didn't even want to see the other ad's i brought (they said just give me the lowest one).

Also of interesting note is if you're declined on the Sears credit card due to bad credit or whatever, they will still give you the 10% off if you then pay for it via some other means.

Anyways hope i like my new t.v. It's going to be delivered on Sunday which surprised me. Figured i'd have to wait weeks to get it but i guess not. I was looking on sony's site for a PDF of the manual or something but oculdn't find anything. Does such a thing exist if i want to start reading about it in advance?

Anyways time to shop for a receiver and antenne now. If anyone knows of a good place to buy an antenna please let me know as i'm clueless.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I have read good things about the KP-57HW40 on this forum, but haven't taken the plunge yet. I played with one at Circuit City and was truly impressed.

One question I do have if anyone knows, and it may sound kind of silly given the beautiful picture of this set. Is this model available with a black cabinet instead of the silver one? The silver would not match the other furniture in my living room, and I prefer a black cabinet on a projection TV anyway.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i searched for 57HW40 on google and visited almot every hit it came back with.. most were places that sold the unit. I forget the actual one with the price. I also tried mysimon.com and priceline.com but i think google came up with the best find.

good luck although the 10% sale is over now. I'm sure Sears will have another one though.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I went to Sears last night in St. Louis (Chesterfield, actually) to see if I can get a price match on the Mits WS-65809. The sales lady said yes, but would have to add shipping costs for out-of-town ads, including the internet. However, she said the 10% off sale will be from 7:00am-10:00am this Saturday (12/8). Hoping I can get the Mits for under $2700 with this deal.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.