AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the contrast is set to 30 on a 57s500, is it safe to have the brightness set in the 60's (63 to be exact)? I am concerned about burn-in.

Thanks

CS

·
Registered
87 Posts
i was just wondering the same thing. marc....you said in the S500 FAQ thread (i think) that you recommended changing the user menu settings to 50% then going into the service menu and making adjustments using Avia. i changed contrast to 75% and brightness to 50%......went into service and changed SUB-BRT to 80 and SUBCNT0 to 00 (as low as it would go). after using Avia some and eyeballing it with normal viewing, i have the contrast up to about 66% and the brightness at about 58% i think. looks pretty good, but i'm also worried about burn-in......i used to have the contrast level set down to 26%!

mfusick, you're saying nothing to worry about? i was just wondering, since burn-in doesn't necessarily occur at any specific setting for any specific amount of time, is there maybe some way to tell if we're in the "safer" zone by using the Avia contrast test pattern or something? are there any clear signs that cont/bright are set too high and should be turned down?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.