AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally bit the bullet and bought a Hitachi 57S500 from Sears. Delivery will be Wednesday. I'm excited, but I have some concerns. I live in a 2nd floor 1 bedroom apartment. While I think the delivery men will be able to fit the TV into my unit, I would prefer they NOT have to split the cabinet to do so.

http://home.austin.rr.com/vbalak/apt_pics/index.htm

See the webpage above. My pad is the door on the top LEFT side when looking at the full stairwell pic. Based on the pictures above (hopefully they give an idea of dimensions and space), do you guys think they will be able to take the TV up intact? I'm willing to concede that they will remove it from the box outside at ground-level. I'm a bit concerned that alignment will be difficult in re-assembling the split cab or that convergence/focus could be affected. Should I be?

Any experience from other S500 owners is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Just a pure guess but I'd be surprised if it doesnt fit. Shouldnt have to split it. Will likely have to come out of box. It's a heavy load but the stairs are gradual and the set has handles. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Oh god, brings back memories!

Actually I sold my cousin my old 57 that weighed 275 and he lived up on the 3rd floor. We had to lift it over the railing at the half way points in the staircase. (There were 4 of us). It was NOT easy!

I checked out a disassembled 65 inch. Seems like it locks back together a specific way. Its going to need convergence adjusted anyways because of shipping. I think there is more risk if you insist they take it up in one piece vs. letting them take it apart.

-spazzman

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.