AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 57swx20b 1 week ago from CC. After adjusting the set with Avia software, I am very happy with the TV. It does have the red push that needs to be adjusted out by the service menu... Not sure if it's over my head or not.. I was thinking of calling CC to have a service person to come out (under performance warranty).. My other option I'm considering is upgrading the TV to the 65swx20b and then probably having that set adjusted by CC... I had a 53" analog Hitachi for 1 1/2 years that I sold and the 57" isn't that much bigger considering the 16x9 aspect ratio. I'd really appreciate feedback to the following questions.

1. Are Circuit City's TV service people competent enough to fix the red push problem ??? I understand the value of hiring an ISF tech but I'm hesitant to spend that kind of money on a set that I might not even keep.. I also don't feel I shouldn't have to spend that kind of extra money over the new price of a set to be happy with it...

2. Would you upgrade from the 57swx20b to the 65swx20b ??? I have the space for it but I'm concerned about a further degradation of picture quality. Is there a noticeable picture quality difference between the 2 sets ???

3. Are you 65swx20b owners happy with your sets ??

4. When I'm ready to pay for ISF calibration on the set I'm going to keep, can anyone recommend a good ISF tech in Massachusetts ??

Thank You,

Mark Posco

·
Registered
271 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mark. Circuit City will not "correct" the red push under warranty because it is, regrettably, by design on so many sets. A good calibrator should be able to correct it, and make many other tweeks leading to vastly more accurate and emotionally compelling image.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.