AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member and like a lot of folks I'm in the market for a new RPT. My needs are simple, the majority of my time will be watching 70% standard cable channels (1-100), 20% digital cable and 10% rented DVD's.

My primary considerations are price, very good but not necessarily the best picture quality, reliability, and ease of use. I'm particulalry concerned about 1) the units ability to expand 4:3 pictures in a way the minimizes distortion and 2) the relative clarity of the picture when viewing analog cable channels.

I have narrowed my search down to the Hitachi (57UWX20B) and Toshiba (57H82) units. I know that the SWX model is highly recommend but I cannot justify the $400-$500 difference. I also won't likely be willing to put out the $500 to $700 required for a top notch calibration but I did ask Santa to give me a copy of the Avia CD and the Radio Shack sound pulse meter.

What do you think, the Toshia or the Hitachi?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to share your experience with me!

Larry

What dou

After looking at a lot of digital projection units

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had the same problem until I realized that a 57 would not fit up my stairs. So I up sized to the 65 h82(split cabinet) and I could not be happier. Toshiba seems to look better on cable but to each his own. I think you will be happy with either. The real question is if the 57 will be big enough. I thought 57 was perfect size for me but Im glad that it would not fit and had to go either bigger or smaller. That was a no brainer for me. I dont know your viewing distance but bigger is almost always better. I feel I could even gone bigger, but 65 is realistically as big as it gets. Bottom line is you will most likely love either rptv, but maybe not the size?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.