AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Circuit City has the 57xwx at 3499. I went to Sears which had it at 4499 and they matched the price plus 10% of the difference ($100). So I snagged it at 3399.

Sears has updated their website with the 65xwx at 3999 (1000 off) but the 57" is still at 4499. But you'll get the 3499 at Sears, at least until the CC sale is over.

QUESTION: Can I use the PIP with the ATSC Tuner and my DirectTV HD Tuner at the same time? (2 HD signals displayed)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Looks like today might be a good time to see if I can my 51swx exchanged (again).

·
Registered
24 Posts

Originally posted by CPanther95

Sears has updated their website with the 65xwx at 3999 (1000 off) but the 57" is still at 4499. But you'll get the 3499 at Sears, at least until the CC sale is over.

I just went to www.sears.com and the price was listed as $4999 for the 65xwx20b. Where did you see it for $1000 less?

BTW, I'm considering the 65" because is will be easier to move into my place than the 57" (though I've not actually seen the 65"). Any comments about how well the picture quality scales to the larger box?

Thanks.

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marathonman: After I posted I noticed that the Sears website said 1000 off - 3999. Sale expires 4/26/03. They must have not updated their site, or I was pulling the website out of my cache. NO MATTER - If you go into Sears and tell them that CC has it for that price, they will match. Actually if your local Sears pulls up the 65xwx in their computer, it will show the 3999 price. Whenever they price match, and verify the competitors price, they enter the price-match price into the computer so each salesman doesn't have to contact CC every time someone asks them to price match. It also means that they do not have to add the 10% difference discount on subsequent sales because the new price is in the computer.

Caution: The minute they find out that the CC sale is no longer in effect, they will take the price-match price out of the computer.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Circuit City has the 57xwx at 3499. I went to Sears which had it at 4499 and they matched the price plus 10% of the difference ($100). So I snagged it at 3399.

QUESTION: Can I use the PIP with the ATSC Tuner and my DirectTV HD Tuner at the same time? (2 HD signals displayed)
Actually Circuit City has it on sale starting yesterday at $3299. That $3499 price is the normal price;)

·
Registered
748 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mfusick
Why did you not just buy it at CC?

They take better care of thier customers I think...
I'd agree with that assesment. They've always been very good to me.

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called Sears and they are applying a $200 credit.

I prefer Sears, if getting the extended warranty they are very liberal with returns/upgrades, etc.

Ex: I bought a $1600 fridge and had it about 3 years. It was fixed 5 times in that period. They let me return for a different model and gave me a full credit of purchase price. I know CC has the ESP plan, but I don't have any direct experience with how "to the letter" they follow their plan.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Called Sears and they are applying a $200 credit.

I prefer Sears, if getting the extended warranty they are very liberal with returns/upgrades, etc.

Ex: I bought a $1600 fridge and had it about 3 years. It was fixed 5 times in that period. They let me return for a different model and gave me a full credit of purchase price. I know CC has the ESP plan, but I don't have any direct experience with how "to the letter" they follow their plan.
They are quite liberal as well... similar to your experiences and idea above

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.