AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am on the lookout for a flat panel at 58 or higher inch with 1080p and hdmi 1.3. My budget will likely be 10grand i was hoping to get by summer if possible the limit for size will likely be 65-70 inch with the price range. I was hoping everyone here could help make a list of the panels out and that are coming out this year with these specs. I know a lot dont have pricing like pioneers new super contrast plasma but then we will see so it should be included. thank for the help i will start and just addd or change as you see fit, and every couple of days i will make a new list with the updates or everyone.

1)panasonic 58 in 700 and 750

2)pioneer 60 inch 1080p (dont know model numbers for these and whether there will be multiple types with different features)

3)samsung (please fill in model numbers and features if you can

4)LG 63 inch

are there other? thanks

-rob

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/0

i am on the lookout for a flat panel at 58 or higher inch with 1080p and hdmi 1.3. My budget will likely be 10grand i was hoping to get by summer if possible the limit for size will likely be 65-70 inch with the price range. I was hoping everyone here could help make a list of the panels out and that are coming out this year with these specs. I know a lot dont have pricing like pioneers new super contrast plasma but then we will see so it should be included. thank for the help i will start and just addd or change as you see fit, and every couple of days i will make a new list with the updates or everyone.

1)panasonic 58 in 700 and 750

2)pioneer 60 inch 1080p (dont know model numbers for these and whether there will be multiple types with different features)

3)samsung (please fill in model numbers and features if you can

4)LG 63 inch

are there other? thanks

-rob

Samsung 5884 in Sept MSRP $5199 58" 1080p HDMI 1.3

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i would love a rojector but my place wont handle it well. i have a fan in the middle of the place and not much room around for the screen etc. Flat panel is best for me right now, but yes ideally i would be in the FP forum for this. thanks for the advice though. Sammy seems like a good price. Any others out there? thanks

-rob

·
Registered
968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] /forum/post/0

i would love a rojector but my place wont handle it well. i have a fan in the middle of the place and not much room around for the screen etc. Flat panel is best for me right now, but yes ideally i would be in the FP forum for this. thanks for the advice though. Sammy seems like a good price. Any others out there? thanks

-rob

Panasonic will have an entire line of 1080p plasma displays in the fall including a 58". These will include a lot of new technical improvements. They will also keep their currentn 65". I expect these to be priced very competitively.

Pioneer will have at least a new 60" that may have breakthrough quality but may also have an out of this world price.

Visio and Phillips have announced 60" and 63" displays respectively at 3K and 3.5k respectively.

The interesting display will be Sony's 70" LCD with deep color support and LED lighting for 33k. Don't think it will beat plasma for PQ though.

Cheers,

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.