AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All!

For some reason, ever since I purchased my Panasonic vt25 plasma, the screen format or display format always seems to be displayed in weird formats. It is never just set to a default format that fits the screen display properly.

I have Dish satellite and for some odd reason if I have the channel I am watching in "Full" format it does not fill up the entire screen. It has black bars on both sides of the picture. Then if I change the format to "Just" it seems to over extend the picture. It just never seems to fit the screen properly. For example, if I am watching TLC channel, the TLC logo at the bottom right of the screen only displays half the logo. The other half is off screen and not displayed. I am hoping there is a way to set the default display format for all channels to fill up the entire screen. Not with black/gray bars on each side or over extending the picture and zooming in. Any suggestions? I cannot seem to figure it out.

·
Registered
218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatChuk /forum/post/20893866

I saw that you have dish network. The very bottom left button on the remote modifies the format coming out of the satellite box, that button maybe have been hit and messed up the format.

Quote for truth.

Set your TV to Just or 16:9 and then adjust your aspect/format from the Dish Network remote.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedMaster /forum/post/20894245

Quote for truth.

Set your TV to Just or 16:9 and then adjust your aspect/format from the Dish Network remote.

If you have an HD satellite receiver, for the best PQ, you need to make sure that it is set to original format and native resolution. If you are watching full screen rather then wide screen content, you will see black side bars unless you stretch the screen.

Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.