AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I currently have a Pioneer KRP-500M plasma, but I'm looking for something bigger, and I'll move the Pioneer into another room. I'm not interested in Panasonic because of the reported rising black level problems. That leaves LG or Samsung. There are so many models and such to choose from, it leaves me overwhelmed. I did tons of research before buying the Pioneer, but now I don't have the time or energy to repeat it. If anyone has advice about which brand/model to go with, I would appreciate it. I'm used to the Pioneer's excellent blacks and proper handling of 24p, so that's a priority. 3D does not interest me whatsoever. I'm looking at the 58-60" models. Price is not a priority but a consideration, especially since they are dropping all the time.

I'm sorry if all of this has been asked before. I searched and nothing specific came up.

And, please, I'm not trying to start a fan war between brand preferences.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. either Samsung pn58c550 (recent release C500 thru BB; couple less inputs), pn58c6500; LG 60pk550 (reflective panel; controlled lighting). 60pk950 (all bells/whistles; internet connectivity).

LG said to handle 24p well; unsure on Samsung brands; no recommends are 3D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts