AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my samsung plasma has this weird red/purplish blur on top right corner whenever there is a bright white picture on the screen. it seems worse whenever they decide to pan in on a tv show etc.any ideas as to what this might be.its only 1 year old so I think it still should be on warranty.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Probably diffusion. Call Samsung or the retailer to see if it is still under warranty and have someone come out. Probably just needs some voltage adjustment(s).

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedMaster /forum/post/20886141

Probably diffusion. Call Samsung or the retailer to see if it is still under warranty and have someone come out. Probably just needs some voltage adjustment(s).

ok thanx. I will definetly look into this tommorow, Iam pretty sure its not quite a year old. its starting to bothering me.cause I know what to look for all the time,

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found my receipt....10 days before one year old!!!looks like it should be under full warranty,going to the audio place i purchased from today to see wat the will do.would love a new 3d tv,too bad i couldnt swing a deal on a new one

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok the place i bought it from said i needed to call samsung and get a ticket number for warranty....oh my God this lady I talked too almost gave me a nervous breakdown. said that she has never heard of this problem before, and said that it was my cables doing this.finaly after 25 minutes of argueing she finaly gave me the number i needed for warranty repair. I was told by the place i bought it from it will be between 4-6 weeks turnaround.I always heard that samsung warranty was hell to deal with.and this lady proved that 110% !!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow, that's a long turn around time. You could try calling Samsung to see if they have another party that could come out to service their warranty.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya tried that. it will be an out of province call to me and still looking at this kinda turn around, good thing we have a 50 panny plasma in our rec room, otherwise kids would have a breakdown with a month with no tv lol. I wastold that it was probably the plasma display panel and that it might not warrant fixing, so I dont know what they might do in that case. would love to upgrade if I could

·
Registered
218 Posts
Samsung may authorize the retailer to exchange it for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts