AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, price is a factor, so please keep that in mind when answering...

As a non-videophile, who just wants a good picture, with good colors and bright "enough" whites, how does the 58PZ800U stack up with the 58S1 (58V10 will be way out my price range) that is coming out presumably this month, or to the Samsung 58B560? From looking at all the costs I can find, I can get the Samsung and the 800U for about the same price, but the S1 is probably going to cost $300-500 more. I am thinking there will even be a price drop on the 58PZ800U when the S1 comes out, so the difference could be even more. So the main question I have is if I should wait for S1 for some reason, or just consider the 800U or the 560?

Is there that much difference from last year to this year models for Panasonic that I should consider that much extra cost? Also, I would probably not plan on getting any of these calibrated, unless I just couldn't get a picture I like. Will PQ be that different between the two either calibrated or uncalibrated? I'm not sure I care about S1 being a little lighter, or a little better on power consumption.

And finally, I would be placing this in a semi-bright room (sliding glass door to the right of the tv) so glare could be an issue, but probably a controllable one.

Thanks for any help!

·
Vendor
32,439 Posts
-Seeing the new Panasonics in the smaller sizes and comparing them to the larger sizes in last years models I have to say that yes the new Panasonics are worth the cost difference.

-Samsungs new models are very nice and have nice color pop. However in overall contrast and black levels the new Panasonic have an edge. Panasonic VS Samsung as always is close...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts