Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else seen this bug?

Last night I came home from work and my RTV5040 would not power on - the red light was on, but the unit would not respond to the remote (or the power button on the front).

So as not to mess up whatever was recording, I did not interrupt it (by unplugging, rebooting, etc).

At 9:01 it stopped recording, and then promptly powered on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off (queued up remote commands I'm sure). It was recording live tv and was really sluggish. I stopped the buffering and then went looking through my replayguide and I noticed that one of my non-guaranteed theme sitcom channels (set to record only 1 hour max) had a single episode that was 7:59... hmm.... I then looked for the "guaranteed" recording that I had scheduled from 7:59PM to 9:01PM and it did not record (DOH!).

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sounds like your 5040's hard drive and/or circuitry might be dying...

This happened to my Replay about 1-2 weeks before I had to send it back for repairs and every once and a while the units response picked back up, but generally it was pretty lethargic until it wouldn't come up again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I certainly hope this is not a sign of the Unit going bad. I had something similar happen to me the other night. I set my Replay to record by selecting the channel 5 min into a program and set it to record once. It was a 1 hour show.. i noticed an hour after the show got over that it was still recording, and unlike you i knew i had nothing set to record so i held the power button for 10 secodns to reboot the machine. Sure enough i had a 2 hour block on fox when i only wanted one.. Otherwise my unit has been working fine.. no sluggishness elsewhere....I hope it was just a one time glitch..cause i've already exceeded my Best Buy warranty period

TOM

TOM

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had this problem a couple times over the last three months with a 2-hour show that recorded about 7 hours before I rebooted the machine. I don't know what caused it, but other than those two instances I haven't had any issues with my 5080.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.