Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wow, what a subject.

OK, I own a 5uy, and absolutely love the panel. I am a DTV subscriber, but for various reasons, and quite unhappy with them. So, when a received an ad from Cablevision touting their digital cable service, with 6 available HD channels, reduced monthly rate for a year, HD STB included, I said what the heck, bring it on.

The Good

The installer showed up as scheduled (while I was at work). the install went smoothly.

The HD channels are spectacular. I am more than pleased with them, and realize that I've been missing alot by not springing for the new dish and stb from D.

The Bad

I hate it when folks characterize a particular image as "unwatchable". However, the channels below 100 (analog) are truly poor. I get a call from the wife when the installation is finished " Ah, the plasma looks blurry." I start to panic.. I'll have to check this out for myself. My worst fears are confirmed- they stink! Much, much worse than D. I don't think I'll be able to watch them.

The Future

I will call Cablevision, and calmly ask them to send someone out to see if anything can be done re:pQ. If not, I'll reconnect the dish. I fortunately didn't cancel anything. I'm not sure that this is the correct forum to post this, but if any 5uy users are even considering switching from D to cable, forget it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.