AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had asked this question deep in another thread and did not have any answers, so i figured I would start a new thread and see if I got any hits.

The new 6UY is touted in the Panny literature as being 40% brighter that hte 5UY with a new deep-cell structure that prevents picture bleeding, etc. Has anyone who has a new 6UY, wither HD or ED, noticed a difference between the two? I have never seen a 6UY and am a little wary of purchsing a $4500 plasma sight unseen. Thoughts?

Matt

·
Registered
333 Posts
The same technology is in the consumer Panasonic Plasma

model TH-42PA20U. It is now showing up in every CC and BB.

The is the SD model. The HD model TH-42PX20U will be available

in October. Both have a silver bezel.

The old models in stores are not the 5UY's since those are commerical models. The model numbers are PT 42 something. They have all Black bezels. You should be able to compare. At the base fo the screen they

have the 42WD5UY model for the SD and 42HD5UY for the HD.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bruzzi - Have you seen the difference between the old 5uy and the 6yu HD units. My wife and I went out shopping today and she and I both liked the Pio 433. I have spent all night investigating the right card to go with it. I have not been able to find a 6uy HD in a consumer model to preview, so I am sold on the Pio. Please let me know if you think I am making a mistake if I go for teh Pio w/o waiting to find a 6uy HD unit.

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Matt,

I haven't seen the new Panasonic HD Plasmas yet.

The new Consumer TH-42PX20U (Basically same as the PHD6UY) is supposed to be available this month on retail stores. So, why don't you wait a little bit more and try to compare both displays side-by-side (If possible) before making any decision??? :)

BTW: The new design used on the HD displays is simply awesome:

http://www.matsushita.co.jp/corp/new...030821-2-1.jpg

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by glen tivo
Any idea what the width of the 50PX20 is going to be?

-Glen
Dimensions: 52 1/4" W x 34 1/4" h x 3.9" d

Quote:
Does it have side speakers built in?

Yup.

The speakers are integrated with Left/Right front bezel. The grilles are only 3/4" wide.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.