AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new ReplayTV 5080 on Sunday, and it's wonderful!

However, I do have a question that I haven't been able to find a good answer for on the Replay FAQ or SonicBlue support website, or by searching the archives on this site.

I live in an area where broadband isn't available, so I must use the modem connection for guide data and nightly updates. I have this setup now, and everything is working fine. BUT, I also want to be able to use DVArchive and the Photo software on my LAN. How can I convince the ReplayTV to use both methods?

So far, the only solution I have seen invloves usings Internet Connection Sharing on the host PC on my LAN, and by setting ethernet on the ReplayTV. I'm not to terribly happy with this idea, so I figured I would check here with you guys (and gals!) to see if you had a solution. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this type of setup.

-- I

·
Registered
915 Posts
It's simple.

The ReplayTV will assign itself an IP address if there's no DHCP server present on the network. It will use 192.168.0.x. So, it might pick 192.168.0.25. If you manually set the IP address on a network card in your PC to 192.168.0.12, for example, with a subnet maks of 255.255.255.0. Then, the photo software or DVarchive will be able to see the ReplayTV.

Be sure to go into Menu, Setup, ReplayTV Name and give your ReplayTV a name. You might not have been given the option when you set it up for modem only.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lyndon,

Since I can get DHCP setup on my network, I assume that if the RTV sees the DHCP server it will get it automaticlly upon boot, regardless of how it is setup to get guide data, correct?

Thanks for the help!

-- I

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.