AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I posted a "help" message because my new 5160 unit started doing some very strange things. The replay guide would not come up and after hitting the "replay Guide" button on the remote the live picture would start stuttering. I eventually did a factory reset and have not had any problems (knocking on wood) since then.

My question is this: the night before I started having problems I set up the system to start sharing shows over the internet. I had about 60 hours medium record left at the time. I had three users send me test clips and those went through. I think it was too much of a coincidence that my problems started after setting the network up and sharing of shows. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem after doing this.....or if Lyndon or anyone else have seen this. Thanks.

-Jody

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I've never heard of the show sharing specifically causing any of this and it's difficult to imagine a mechanism whereby it would.

However, if you've been browsing this forum, you will notice that unfortunately the overall reliability of the 5000 series Replays is not what we would all like it to be. So I think even most experienced Replay users would probably be glad we didn't have alot of shows on the unit, do the factory reset and then just keep our fingers crossed.

I'd go ahead and try show sharing again.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I have not heard of your specific issue. I've heard of units being sluggish during a network connect (if it's happening in the background), but not what you describe. So, after rebooting the unit, it still had this behavior? That is, before you factory restored...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jodeus
I had three users send me test clips and those went through.
So this happened after those 3 transfers were done?

Did you Send anything? If you did, and start experiencing sluggishness, you could turn on the network meter (an option in 243 zones), to at least rule that out -- or not.

-steve-

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No never had a chance to send anything. In fact I didn't accept the 3rd test clip that was going to be sent. I attempted to delete the "channel" in the 'Received' category and that's when I noticed a major delays in response from the unit. That then escalated to where I couldn't get back into the Replay Guide once I exited.

-Jody

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.