AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just got my trade-in 5040 tonight. I hooked it up and recorded a show just to be sure everything was working. Golden. Then I went in the next room where my other 5040 is to try this streaming out. UGH. It skips and hiccups like crazy. Definitely unwatchable. I'm using a Linksys 802.11b wireless network, the 5040's are literally about 40 feet from each other in adjoining rooms, and I stream from DVArchive to my 5040 in the living room all the time without a problem. Any idea what could be causing this?

NEXT problem... I opened up the 5040 to fix the fan noise. I moved the black wire to the power cable, as described in the posting . I've done this on my first 5040 and it worked like a charm. So I close the new one back up, go back into the bedroom, hook it up again and all I get is No Connection. I can't tune in any channels! If I turn off the RTV I can tune in all channels using the TVs built-in tuner. The TV is connected THROUGH the RTV. So the TV is getting the signal, but the RTV somehow is not. This worries me. Did I do something internally to screw that up? Everything else appears to be working fine. I played back that show I had recorded earlier and it played fine (remember, I already had a signal before opening up the box). I went through the setup and changed the inputs a couple time just to be sure, but it's definitely not getting a signal. Any clue what to do now?

Thanks for your help!!

Eddie

· Registered
743 Posts
You can try disabling WEP on your wireless gear to give you the maximum possible throughput. Do this at your own discretion, of course.

· Registered
841 Posts
Yup . . . . streaming won't work for me over my D-Link 22 Mbps wireless links. And I'm using 256-bit encryption, which does slow it down by at least a third.

I can stream very reliably between the 5000 boxes that are in the same room and are hard-wired with CAT5 cables, however.

If you'll search this message board you will find items about successful streaming using G wireless gear.

Bye. :cool:

Quote:
Originally posted by eappell
OK, I did a reset and the signal is back, so now the only problem I'm having is that streaming is not really usable... Anybody else find this?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.