AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've completed a long, exhaustive search and I found a lot of threads about "5.1 versus 6.1" and "5.1 versus 7.1", but I didn't find any that really addressed 6.1 versus 7.1. I'm in the process of finishing my basement and moving the HT to there. I have a Denon AVR-3802 (with 7 amps) so I figured now is the right time to do 6.1 or 7.1. Due to room layout, etc. the rear center speaker(s) will need to be ceiling mounted. Not wanting to lose too much ceiling height, I am considering a single center channel speaker for 6.1 or 2 center channel speakers for 7.1. So, my question is this -> how much of an improvement do you think 7.1 is over 6.1 or do you think 6.1 is a nice enough improvement itself?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
176 Posts
7.1 adds two surround back speakers. 2 front, 2 middle, 2 back, 1 center, & one sub. Mine are layed out with two in ceiling and then two in the back wall, fronts beside the tv, center on top. As for personal taste....that one is up to you. I personally enjoy both, but am known for occasionally enjoying some hard hitting rock and roll.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.