AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the standard was 5.1 or 7.1? Shows how much I know.

Anyway I do not have a sub woofer right now but I have some pretty big tower speakers. I know for a fact they do give bass. Because they did on my old receiver.

But with this 6.1 Sony receiver its all just sound. I can't figure out how to up the bass. The remote is super confusing seriously it has like a 100 buttons. jk. but if anyone can tell me how to turn up the bass I thank you!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie
Check your Owner's manual as there should be a section on adjusting the EQ - Bass level.
Thank you. I didn't get a owners manual as I bought this at a pawn shop.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously the tower speakers are like 10 inch or more across. Not even moving just sound is coming out. my last receiver was so basic it had like a bass option that I would just the dial up or down and booooom. My receiver does have two sub woofer outlets though. Do I just need to buy a sub? Because the receiver wont allow it. EQ is turned all the way up.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
Either go to Sony's website and download the manual or simply google the model number and the word "manual" as any AVR should allow you to manually adjust the bass/treble. If you have the Sony speakers that you were considering awhile back they are fairly basic entry level speakers ... a subwoofer or two would definitely help. Also you've mentioned twice now about the dual sub preouts .... any receiver can provide dual sub preouts by adding a $3 RCA "Y" cable to split the single preout into 2 preouts.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Either go to Sony's website and download the manual or simply google the model number and the word "manual" as any AVR should allow you to manually adjust the bass/treble. If you have the Sony speakers that you were considering awhile back they are fairly basic entry level speakers ... a subwoofer or two would definitely help. Also you've mentioned twice now about the dual sub preouts .... any receiver can provide dual sub preouts by adding a $3 RCA "Y" cable to split the single preout into 2 preouts.
What was that last part? UM? 3$ cable Y? huh

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
You seem to be fixated on the fact that your receiver has 2 sub preouts. I'm simply pointing out that any receiver with just 1 sub preout can provide 2 sub preouts by adding a $3 RCA "Y" splitter cable to create 2 sub preouts. Just because there are 2, doesn't mean you have to run 2 subs.
Never seen it before that's all. But cool thanks. Now I know about a Y splitter so any receiver will have the same effect. You learn something new every day.....

Seriously I know nothing about audio.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
6.1 was a short lived standard as there are some issues which can happen if the speakers are not placed properly.

If you are going to run 6.1, the center rear speaker must be placed higher than the front speaker, pointing down onto the listening area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.