Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DVD player has 6 outputs FRONT L, R, REAR L, R, CENTRE and SUB

My receiver has inputs the same. Does only ONE cable need to go into CENTRE? And could it be the left or the right cable? help!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_dipaolo
My DVD player has 6 outputs FRONT L, R, REAR L, R, CENTRE and SUB

My receiver has inputs the same. Does only ONE cable need to go into CENTRE? And could it be the left or the right cable? help!
Just get three stereo pairs. It won't matter what colour you use for centre or sub. I tag my cables. I make little paper tags for the channels. I use scoth tape and have it completely cover the tags so they don't easily tear or fall off the cables. Just match 'em up. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:
Is there a specific setting I need to program each speaker's db level? Is there a preffered one, or can they all be equal?
It's doubtful that all equal is correct, unless you have identical speakers at the exact same distance and an acoustically 'perfect' room. The proper settings depend on your speaker's efficiencies and room acoustics. To set it right, you need to measure the output level with a SPL meter while using either your equipments built in test tones, or a calibration DVD. For more info, do a search on calibration.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Quote:
Is there a specific setting I need to program each speaker's db level? Is there a preffered one, or can they all be equal?
Have you read any of the manual at all? All this is explained in detail. And its no different than any modern AV receiver. After its connected up, you run the test tones and calibrate the channel levels...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.