AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying new plasma, down side it won't be until late Jan or early Feb 2010. I'm paying cash and won't have it until then. What if any talk is there on 2010 new technology and is this time frame when I can get good deals on new 2009 tv. looking into the 58-63 size Panny or Samsung mid to high end sets.

·
Premium Member
18,322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra1972 /forum/post/16912685

I'm looking at buying new plasma, down side it won't be until late Jan or early Feb 2010. I'm paying cash and won't have it until then. What if any talk is there on 2010 new technology and is this time frame when I can get good deals on new 2009 tv. looking into the 58-63 size Panny or Samsung mid to high end sets.

I don't know about Samsung's schedule, but Panasonic is just now releasing their new 58" and 65" 12G 2009 models (S1 and V10 series) so by the time you're ready to buy in six months, prices should have come down by then.

There is not much talk about the next generation Panasonic models - it's probably too early.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Some info in this thread from others: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1165850

2010 models probably won't start to trickle in until March next year from Samsung and that's the smaller TVs. For the 58"+ sizes you're probably looking at late Spring at best from Samsung and then the others later.

A few details MAY come from CEDIA in September and you'll get some info at CES in January. Deals on 09 models will likely either be best around the day after Thanksgiving or at the Superbowl would be my guess (up until February anyways).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts