AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my projector back in January (a Sony 11HT) and am very happy with it.... the "problem" I'm having now (and I'm wondering if this is something that happens to people with this hobby) after getting over the WOW factor is noticing glitches in DVDs, places to tweak color, contrast, sharpness, and wondering how to get even more out of it.

Why can't this be a "leave-it-alone" thing :)

I guess the problem is once you start learning about the possibilities, you notice the deficiencies. 7 months ago I could have cared less about DVD artifacts, black, or anamorphic widescreen!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Steve,

Welcome to the club:)

I too used to not care what the transfer was like, because you couldn't see the difference on the old system.

I just finished tweaking my 11HT with a CC40R filter and SMART II and it is much better.

Gus

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SMART II is my next "tweak" ;-)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Could you please clarify SMART II?What is it?

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Steve,

This is not just the nature of the hobby but, really, the nature of the beast. You buy a wonderful, hot sportscar and six weeks later it feels like your old stationwagon. People just get used to stuff very quickly. I guess this is a developmental positive. It is certainly an economic negative. The only way to deal with this for me is care in choosing upgradable products: A scaler that takes downloads from the internet, a decoder-preamp that comes from a company that continually upgrades the software, a projector with a technology that allows lots of tweaking of various kinds. I waited until I could afford serious upgrading of amps and speakers, figuring that a minor upgrade would be like that Chinese meal and leaves me hungry half an hour later. Art

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.