AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so a house wired for sound, there's a receiver, but no speakers. There's wiring for 6 channel surround, rear center speaker. The amplifier brought in is an older, but solid 5.1 Denon. Now I'm interested in getting 6 speakers up there, but looking to wire a rear six if at all possible.

Basically, how to wire 2 to 3, with the sound from the rear merged, of equal current. to all 3. It's a Denon amp.

If I can use a perfectly good, paid-for amp, with less hassle, and tap that rear speaker, i'd love to do that. I know it's not a 6th channel, but it would make me happy for the time being.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Sorry to say that I wouldn't bother. It's more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
What model is the Denon? I am curious because if it is one of the lower end units, replacement would be the way to go. You can buy a 7.1 AVR for a couple hundred dollars. The Harmon/Kardon 254 has been going for a little over $2 bills recently. Hit up that thread if you are interested (original MSRP was $599)

Don't bother with the current setup. For all the hassle you would have to go through you would lose performance. Just go 5.1. It will sound much better that way. And cost you nothing. If you mess up you could blow speakers or the Denon.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes /forum/post/16846945

The Harmon/Kardon 254 has been going for a little over $2 bills recently. Hit up that thread if you are interested (original MSRP was $599)

Sweet! Where?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.