AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a fan of the DLP technology and in the market for a 60" to 62" TV. I was ready to pull the trigger on the Samsung 6167, but I think I like the HD2+ TV's better.

I've been looking at the 720p's with the HD2+ and have honed in on the 62HM84 from Toshiba. It's a HD2+ TV. Right size. I dont need the HD tuner, as I'll have it through DTV. And the street price of this TV has come down dramatically.

I think I'm ready to buy. Any inputs? Any other HD2+ TV's I should look at? Should I wait for the 2005 Toshibas to come out?

Matt

·
Registered
42 Posts
The HM95/85 model uses HD4 chip which is "wobulated". Do a search on it and you will see people who has seen the new HM95 models are not that impressed. Personally I think the Toshiba is great value for money and the PQ is fantastic.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

If anything, the new 5 series toshiba sets are a step up from the 4 series. A well respected chip implemented poorly still makes for a poor image.

The 5 series implementation is significantly improved compared to last year. No more bad gamma and no more greens in the B/W material.

The new units calibrate far far better than the 84 series.

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.