AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to take delivery of a 60" GWXBR. I have read somewhere that you should leave the TV on for 3 days straight? Should I do this and what benefit does it have?

Also, the tweaks that UMR has put together, how long should I wait before I try them. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

SCR

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Southerncentralrain2
I am about to take delivery of a 60" GWXBR. I have read somewhere that you should leave the TV on for 3 days straight? Should I do this and what benefit does it have?

Also, the tweaks that UMR has put together, how long should I wait before I try them. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

SCR
Per the experts, the color temperature of the bulb stabilizes after 80-100 hours. So if you want to do serious color tweaking, turn on the TV and leave it on and only do basic TV user menu tweaks to Picture, Brightness, Color, Hue, DRC, etc. THEN, after the 80-100 hours, it's time to get serious and do some tweaking!

Also per the experts, a long initial "burn" of the bulb can often significantly extend its life. So turn on the TV and leave it running for that 80 hours (you can turn off the sound when you go to bed). No image burn-in to worry about, so it doesn't matter what Wide Mode or channel you're on.

NOTE: To turn on/off peripherals like a DVD player, Satellite, etc., with the remote, select the proper function and use the SMALL green power button at the top (the one to the left of the larger green power button). If you select, e.g., DVD, and hit the LARGE right-side green power button, you will turn off/on your TV, not your DVD player -- and you DO NOT WANT to be turning the TV/bulb off and on the first few days, since that defeats the purpose of a long initial burn-in to extend bulb life. Set up the TV, plug it in, turn it on AND LEAVE THE TV (i.e., bulb) ON STRAIGHT for those 80-100 hours to extend the lifetime of the bulb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.