1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
What, no link?

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
It is a salamander synergy twin 30, located here in CT.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Close, the salamander is 30" high (hence the monicker twin 30), the center channel speaker is 5.5" high and I put an additional 3.5" (because, being an accountant, I like nice round numbers) of wall between the center speaker and the base of the panny.

Total 39" from floor to lowest height of plasma, which works out great as that is eye level from our natuzzi leather sectional. Just pop in a DVD, turn off the little lamp to the left of the setup, jump into the sectional with some popcorn and a JW Dundee Honey Brown Ale, freshly poured from my kegerator and VOILA.....better than the movies.

Plus if the DVD is a "steamer", like 9 1/2 weeks, I get to grope the wife without having to deal with roaming eyes.:p

Ahhhh, the perks to having a plasma.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is all well and good, but the question (which appears to have disappeared from the top of the post), is what advice people have for purchasing a 60+ inch plasma. I am looking to buy 3 (don't ask), and would like some advice on which models people have been impressed with.

That said, please carry on with your previous conversation. I'm particularly interested in the kegerator (as it would be inexcuseably rude to show interest in the whole groping your wife thing! ;) )

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
The only model I find impressive is Fujitsu's.

But it depends on what you want the three for. For certain uses, the otherwise-unimpressive-yet-inexpensive Zeniths can do quite nicely.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well, they need to be able to handle multiple duties, including high definition video, as well as computer presentations/text/spreadsheets. They will end up being board room monitors.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
If videophile-quality video is not on your list, then the Zeniths are a steal of a deal at around $11,000 apiece.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jschlege
This is all well and good, but the question (which appears to have disappeared from the top of the post), is what advice people have for purchasing a 60+ inch plasma. I am looking to buy 3 (don't ask), and would like some advice on which models people have been impressed with.

That said, please carry on with your previous conversation. I'm particularly interested in the kegerator (as it would be inexcuseably rude to show interest in the whole groping your wife thing! ;) )

i am well pleased and well severed by a NEC MP1 61 inch. the prices have been dropping on this model fast. DVI input with no HDCP support though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.