AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would prefer to get a LCD instead of a Plasma & would like something 60" or bigger. It seems the largest sizes are 55" or so. (The Sony 70" is too large & simply out of my price range). Is there anything good available, or am I going to have to downsize to a Sony or Samsung 55" or look at Plasmas? I have been watching for new CES products, and I really haven't seen anything announced. Plus I would like to get something within the next few months.

Thanks!

·
Registered
263 Posts
55 is ur best bet

·
Registered
861 Posts
Sharp makes a couple of 65" LCDs. The LC-65D64U (60Hz) can be found for under $3K with free shipping ("Big River") and the LC-65SE94U (120Hz) can be had for under $5K. I know there are a few other Sharp 65" models coming out but I'm not sure of the release dates.

Later...

·
Registered
15,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLopatin /forum/post/15495718

I would prefer to get a LCD instead of a Plasma & would like something 60" or bigger. It seems the largest sizes are 55" or so. (The Sony 70" is too large & simply out of my price range). Is there anything good available, or am I going to have to downsize to a Sony or Samsung 55" or look at Plasmas? I have been watching for new CES products, and I really haven't seen anything announced. Plus I would like to get something within the next few months.

Thanks!

IMO, you're better off with a plasma at that size, as long as you can control ambient light (better blacks, no motion blur).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts