AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking hard at these type of units. They appear to give the most bang for the buck when compared to plasmas and projectors for that real HT expereince.

The short list includes other suggestions are welcome. I have until late Feb. 2004 to pull the trigger.

Samsumg 61" DLP. The only knock I see so far is the constant firmware changes to fix bugs. At least they are changing but you would think that they would have addressed ALL issues.

Toshiba 65" Lcos (October... yeah right). I've heard some complaints of "racetrack" issues. could someone please clarify. B U T the mags are raving about the new unit.

Optoma 65" DLP. Lokked great at CEDIA and it was a 2003 CEDIA award winner (not a magazine award that was paid for in advertisements)

Does anyone have any experience with these units? Ownershhip, installers, ISF techs, dealers? If so please speak up. If you want your comments private just pm me or email me at [email protected] .

Thanks and good night. My son needs the PC to IM his buds.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
603 Posts
If you're talking "bang for the buck" maybe you should consider a CRT RPTV like the Mitsubishi WS-65413. They don't look as cool as DLP though.

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I owned a MITS 55819 and loved it. I sold it when I moved in with the g/f. We are building a new house and I wanted a bigger screen with as small a profile as possible... within my budget of course.

Regards,

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.