Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I apologize if this is a repeated Q but I could not find this directly in a post. I plan to buy a 60'' RP TV and am wondering which brand/model to go for. I am inclined to go for Sony but still want to get some opinions/experiences since I believe the production for Sony is back on:

1. Difference b/wSamsung or Sony as a company? Also differences between the technology, TV quality and customer service? I have PQ of Sony is better than Samsung but.....TV owners out there can tell me better

2. Sony GW Vs XBR in 60''. is XBR worth the additional cost. I know I do not necessarily need the HDTV tuner since it shall not work with Dish Network but I am not sure if other technologies have been included/upgraded in XBR which makes it better.

Your suggestions would be very much appreciated.

- thanks

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys,

Can you point me to some good threads on this forum, as this Q might have been discussed earlier?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Since nobody replied, here is my thinking: XBR is better if a couple of grand is no big deal. You get a little nicer processing, better case and screen, but the basic internals are the same. PQ is for you to decide. Not a big difference between any of these choices. (DLP and XBR are a tie in my book). Company wise they are equal also; rely on your local dealer for support cause it aint going to come from the factory unless they really scew up.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Quote:
2. Sony GW Vs XBR in 60''. is XBR worth the additional cost. I know I do not necessarily need the HDTV tuner since it shall not work with Dish Network but I am not sure if other technologies have been included/upgraded in XBR which makes it better.
One thing to keep in mind: ATSC tuners in RPTV's will be commonplace fairly soon. If you get a unit without a tuner now, its value will be that much less when it comes time to sell. This may not be an issue for you, but I always try to think ahead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.