AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for an approx 60" HDTV to replace my panny DL52. of course looking at the sammy 61" and that's the odds on favorite but most of my reason for wanting DLP is because of size and weight. I need /want light and less deep form factor than traditional RPTV. are there any other sets our there i should look at before just buying the sammy?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, had already considered it. looks like it doesn't deal with reflections well. and while it is a bit thinner than conventional, not quite as thin as the DLPs.

some of the samsung traditional rptvs look like they might be thinner than most. i saw a 42 or 43 incher that looked really thin. havent seen bigger ones like that though.

D

·
Registered
950 Posts
The Zenith 60" LCD RPTV is 17.5" deep. How deep are the DLPs?

Robert

·
Registered
950 Posts
I do not have one, but I have seen it in a store. It does have a glossy screen, but I don't know if it has any type of anti-relective coating. There wasn't a light source to cause relections in the store, so I don't know how well it does in that respect.

Robert

·
Registered
55 Posts
i do not believe any of the sets you are considering or have been suggested deal with light reflections very well at all. i recently went through this process and realized there was no good solution.

when comparing, i noticed that most of the stores had track lighting that tended to create glaring reflections. after viewing my 60" gw2 in my house, i realized that the reflections weren't that bad at all. i have an entire wall of my living room filled with windows.

just my .02!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

bought the sammy hln617.

so far, i love it.

i guess some are bothered by rainbows (which i don't see). i'm bothered by reflections. I don't think i could live with almost any of the RPTVs I've seen except the DLPs. all of the DLPs i've seen deal with them well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.