AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
950 Posts
If you own a business, you are probably able to get the credit from the gov't. If they question you, you will have to provide proof, that it's used for biz!

Vb

· Registered
395 Posts
Well, I'm one of the "lucky" ones who would use an HDTV for business, so it will be a writeoff for me regardless, but would love to hear if there's some sort of extra $600 "bonus" I should know about...

· Registered
40 Posts
It spurs the economy in a positive direction.

· Registered
950 Posts
Look, the gov't allows a break for anyone who can prove any purchase you make is used for biz. If it sounds bogus, then you need a little more education of how the tax strutcure works.

It's not perfect, but I'll take the break if I can get it!!

It may not seem correct or the right thing to do, but that's how the law is structured.

I used it to my advantage for 30 years!

If they allow it, I'm going to take advantage.

Vb

· Registered
950 Posts
BobDobalina, of course, you can read anything you want into the post!

The tax law still allows the credit for biz use.

Vb

· Registered
5,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Coop1979
It spurs the economy in a positive direction.
Sure does - the pac-asian economy, as those are where the jobs are that produce these things.

· Registered
58 Posts
Of course you can deduct biz expenses as per normal accounting procedures.

The bogus-ness I was referring to is the tax credit of $600, as in each consumer could get a Federal "rebate" on their purchase. Can't find one thing to support it.

· Registered
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 3.1415926 pi
Look, the gov't allows a break for anyone who can prove any purchase you make is used for biz. If it sounds bogus, then you need a little more education of how the tax strutcure works.

It's not perfect, but I'll take the break if I can get it!!

It may not seem correct or the right thing to do, but that's how the law is structured.

I used it to my advantage for 30 years!

If they allow it, I'm going to take advantage.

Vb
While I would hope that you are not one of them, there are a large number of people that simply do not understand where the line is drawn regarding the validity of such deductions. Exactly how does YOUR business make use of a large Plasma? If your a lawn care company and claim you use Plasma to "watch" training videos, the claim WOULD BE DENIED. If you have a business that requires trade show presentations (AND YOU CAN SHOW via proof that you actually USED the equipment in question for such events), then the deduction is most likely valid. Everyone should take advantage where they can but should also be cognitive of what is TRULY valid. I am not an IRS agent but I did stay at a Holiday Inn express last night!

· Registered
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by IVB
Sure does - the pac-asian economy, as those are where the jobs are that produce these things.
(As long as we've strayed completely off topic,)

And what do you think those people then buy with some of their wages? American goods made by American workers.

It's a global economy at last. I say thank goodness. What makes a human being in pac/asia trying to support himself any less important than an human being in America? An arbitrary international border and primitive instinct to band together in a cave and club anyone else over the head? (Even more obvious in sports and sports fans, BTW)

They're both complete strangers to me whom I'll likely never meet or know. If you force me to choose, the Asian is providing me a better product at a lesser wage and therefore cost. He's happy for the wage, proud to do it, and takes pride in his work and does it well(all in general terms). If we claim freedom and capitalism is the right way (and it is), then you can't have it both ways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.