AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pioneer vsx819 receiver and an all Polk setup. I have 2 subs on the way ( a 12" and a 15" aa hdsub ) but I have a feeling thesesubs are going to over power my current setup up front of a Polk cs10 center and tsi 300 towers. I see there's tons of good deals people find here from all over the net so I'm looki g for suggestions

I have about 2 weeks left on my 30 day return policy from best buy so any suggestions would help. If theres a good dual 6 1/2 speaker tower or 3 5 1/4 that would be good cuz it really seems these speakers seem to struggle when turned up

Are the monitor 60s much better than what I have? Cuz I see alot of people running them and they seem pretty happy. So any suggestions of around or if possible,less than $600 thT wouldbe great. Thanks again

I believe my receiver is rated for 110x5 with the 1khz rating. So maybe dri ing all 5 channels maybe right around 70-80/ per channel?

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the links. Both look pretty good. I just don't think these dual 5 1/4 are gonna be enough
. But those look like they would be a ton better. Any places on the net that has good equiptment for cheap? Kind of like a monoprice for speakers

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just so I don get carried away with a nicer set of towers with alot more speakers. Does anyone know what the actual power rating Is on my 819 receiver. It doesn't have the 20-20,000 power rating just the 1khz rating. So I just want to make sure I don't UNDER power the speakers either

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 /forum/post/16927143

What do you mean by equipment?

Just good deals on home theater stuff in general. The b&h seems to be pretty good but I can't search a ton since I'm on my phone since my laptop died on me

·
Registered
155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 /forum/post/16926965

Infinity P360 $390

Infinity PC350 $190

or for a bit more then $600.

JBL ES90 $520

JBL ES25 $130

(all have free shipping)

How do those speakers compare to the RTi8? I'm going to be using my speakers for mostly HT, if that helps any. Also, what would be good surrounds to go with these?

I realize this isn't my thread, but I figured it would be better to ask here than start another thread.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggerdude /forum/post/16927785

How do those speakers compare to the RTi8? I'm going to be using my speakers for mostly HT, if that helps any. Also, what would be good surrounds to go with these?

I realize this isn't my thread, but I figured it would be better to ask here than start another thread.

Those infinities mght work for me. But on newegg the Polk monitor 60s for 150 a piece almost can't be beat for a descent mid level speaker

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Check out The Speaker Company. These are a re-brand of the old Saphire line that was originally carried by Hi-Fi Buys/Tweeter/Sound Advice. The Speaker Company is owned by D&M Holdings, owners of Marantz, Denon, Boston, McIntosh, and others.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
with 2 subs why do you need towers? Unless you listen to a lot of 2 channel music I would get some decent bookshelfs. Try Aperion for some decent bookshelf speakers, or if you do want towers get some quality ones and start with just 2 channels and add gradually to your home theatre.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by browninggold /forum/post/16931453

with 2 subs why do you need towers? Unless you listen to a lot of 2 channel music i would get some decent bookshelfs. Try aperion for some decent bookshelf speakers, or if you do want towers get some quality ones and start with just 2 channels and add gradually to your home theatre.

+1

·
Registered
2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda /forum/post/16933400

The PSB Alpha T1 floorstanders are quite decent too. Not high end sounding but good enough for the price.

For that money he could get the Image T45s which is a much betetr again the AlphaTs. The T45s although dual 5.25" drivers are amazing and one of most linear speakers out there bare none. Its amazaing for both HT and music.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You could look at AV123's ELT towers. I got a pair about a month ago at their currently fantastic price.

ELT525T Cherry towers are currently 299 (from 799), and the ELT525C center is 249. Or, you could get a full 5.0 for 699 which includes a set of their matching bookshelf speakers for rear channels.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts