AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just re-read EVERY 6000 post listed. nada. (as in Not A [email protected]*##$! Thing)

I know I read about the Fast Forward Problem before, I just don't know why I can't find it.

Anyways, ABC OTA severely pixallates and breaks up every 3 seconds, and the pic is Fast Forward and does not sync with the voices.

Also, the 8VSB tuner re-maps my CBS stations every time, from 33-02 to 003-01 etc. It omits the ABC mappings altogether some times. Sometimes there is no OTA sound but you can see the pic. Other than that, the 6000 8VSB OTA works fine. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Yesterday I removed the module from the 6000, cleaned the contacts with an eraser, and it re-installed with a "click". It's in there solid. But I still have tha same old crap with the OTA.

I have the latest 750 software of a week or 2 back.

Signal is 70-80 plus.

Do I just have a bum 8VSB Module??? Help!

------------------
Bob Sliwa
"Like a Midget at a Urinal, I was gonna haf'ta stay on my toes...."

[This message has been edited by Dallas777 (edited 08-06-2001).]

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem with WCCB-DT 18 Fox from Charlotte, NC. It only started in the past week. Signal strength is in the 80's. Fox usually came in rock solid in the past and is one of my favorite stations. Unfortunately, it is now unwatchable. I have the 6000 receiver w/ OTA module. I also downloaded the new software a few weeks ago but it was working just fine until sometime within the past week. Can anyone clue us in? Is there an easy fix?

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with WCCB now sending PSIP information? I receive the analog station on 18 and the DT station on 18.1(Normal Programming)and 18.2 (Weather Map). It used to be 27.1 (Blank), 27.2(Normal Programming), and 27.3(Weather Map) before the PSIP began broadcasting.

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bryan,

Unfortunately, my 6000 has been acting up long before the 750 software, so I know that's not related to my problem. And I don't think it would affect yours.

I did call Dish, and they suggested that I do just what I did: remove and re-seat the 8VSB module. No effect.

Anybody else on the Fast Forward sync problem?

Does your 6000 always re-map the digital OTA channels???

------------------
Bob Sliwa
"Like a Midget at a Urinal, I was gonna haf'ta stay on my toes...."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.