AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to weight the pluses and minuses of getting a 6000 now or waiting to get the 811.

I will probably get the HD package, but will be doing a lot of OTA viewing here in San Francisco area. I have Samsung DLP HDTV, so will probably (if I understand right) want to be watching in 720p.

I see that the 6000 is not Dish/Pro compatible, but not even sure the significance of Dish/Pro.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
It all depends on your paitence. The 811 will be superior in almost everyway. So if can hold your hat and wait until the 811 is out, you'll be much happier.

I have a 6000 and honestly its not a very impressive receiver. It does its job, but doesn't go a step beyond that.

The funny thing is that some are saying that with the 8PSK module, that it makes the 6000 Dish Pro Compatible. (I'm not saying that its true, but I could see it happening).

Reguardless, you have asked a very open question with many many answers. You'll just have to read up on both and make a decision that right for you. But if you pick the 6000, you've made the wrong decision. ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing that made me ask this question today was that there are some posts today that you can get a 6000 WITH the 8vsb OTA tuner moduld for $149, if you agree and prepay for the Dish HD pak for a year.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ride525
One thing that made me ask this question today was that there are some posts today that you can get a 6000 WITH the 8vsb OTA tuner moduld for $149, if you agree and prepay for the Dish HD pak for a year.

Actually, that deal is only for customers that they flag as SPECIAL somehow. It appears its related to years of service (6+ maybe?) and service level (Top100?). And even then there is still debate as to whether the 8VSB is actually included or not (some yes, some no).

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From a related thread here

Quote:
the key SEEMS to be that you get the 8VSB OTA module if you pay up front 1 year of HD programming. I am not sure what m,akes up "exclusive" cuz I have been with E* for 2+ years with AT150...that's it. Anyway I got the $149 deal and when I stated I wanted to pay for the year's HD upfront they said "OK, and it comes with 8VSB and no commitment"

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
actually i think it is not clear that what he recieved was not a mistake.

their is alot of confusion over the 600o deal with dish csrs, i have been quoted several different prices and hardware combinations. but not what was alluded to in chat, a 6000 plus both hd mods for 199 with a years commitment to programming. till then sorry no go

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
thanks

i will pass, you add in the ota mod; that appears not all can get cheap , and a 811 will only be alittle more and a much better reciever.

the 6000 deal is a -- non deal.. (n on what mite be a refub to boot according to a csr FWIW)And may who i trust that saw the chat said it sure did seem like charlie meant for the deal to include both modules. but we know what is said on chat often doesn;t happen, which honestly is pathetic. truely

·
Registered
570 Posts
The 6000 only works with old style Dish LNBs. I have a 6000 that I am very happy with, a Dish 500, and a Directv dish aimed at 61.5 that works with the 6000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.