AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching the PBS show evolution last night on my JVC 6000 E* receiver last night and twice the receiver seemed to reset itself. The screen went blank on the TV and the lights on the front of the receiver turned off for a couple of seconds and then turned back on.

The program was coming OTA from a local Detroit station. I am relatively new to this and while I have watched a few HD programs I have never seen it do this. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the reply. What would you consider to be poor reception? I was getting a signal strength around 85%.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The 6000 seems to drop out when the signal falls below 48%. Some distant channels may drop out higher 55-65%. The crashing is due to more than just a signal problem, since it only happens once and while for me. It used to happen a lot when I did antenna testing and was constantly changing OTA channels.

------------------

-Glenn

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
That does happen sometimes when reception is not too good. The 6000 is similar to a PC, it runs on software and hardware. Somehow when it works too hard to keep a signal it crashes and resets.

------------------

-Glenn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.