AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my brother just brought over his xbox 360 so we could try it out on my new 6020FD. We can't get any video through the component input for some reason. Using the same cables, it comes through just fine with composite.

I also tried hooking up my blu-ray player through the component input and got nothing.

Am I missing a step? Or is my component input just bad?

·
Registered
4,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanhugh /forum/post/18218645

Hey guys, my brother just brought over his xbox 360 so we could try it out on my new 6020FD. We can't get any video through the component input for some reason. Using the same cables, it comes through just fine with composite.

I also tried hooking up my blu-ray player through the component input and got nothing.

Am I missing a step? Or is my component input just bad?

I'd be willing to bet its a user error
go to your user menu and re-check your settings .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah I agree, probably user error. What settings should I check though? All I really know to do is plug it in and select the input.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanhugh /forum/post/18218701

yeah I agree, probably user error. What settings should I check though? All I really know to do is plug it in and select the input.

Good question , i'd say check your owners manual. I just got mine today and setting it up as we speak so im learning as I go. Im sure liking it !!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well I can't find any settings in the menu that would have anything to do with it, I guess I'm calling Pioneer on monday. dammit!

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Sorry bro wish I could help you but like I said I've only had mine for few hours so I wouldnt or cant be much help .

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
It might have something to do with the settings on the x-box, just a thought.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor /forum/post/18219712

Sorry bro wish I could help you but like I said I've only had mine for few hours so I wouldnt or cant be much help .

it's all good man! yeah I thought it may have been the xbox, but I tried hooking my blu ray player up (which is normally hooked up with HDMI) through the component input, and couldn't get any video either.

I hope you have the dark knight or some other awesome blu ray fired up on your new 6020....it's a must when you first break her out!

·
Registered
4,047 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanhugh /forum/post/18219787

it's all good man! yeah I thought it may have been the xbox, but I tried hooking my blu ray player up (which is normally hooked up with HDMI) through the component input, and couldn't get any video either.

I hope you have the dark knight or some other awesome blu ray fired up on your new 6020....it's a must when you first break her out!

Oh yes I have star trek ready to rock and Dark Knight waiting in the wings "no punt intended" lol Thats strange that your blu-ray wont work either in the component input . Well hopefuly Pioneer can get you going again .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts