AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running on 60Hz on my current system for over a year. I installed Catalyst 10.2 two days ago. Now I can only choose from interlaced (30Hz) resolutions. I've uninstalled all the ATI software/drivers. Even using the Windows driver, I can only select from 30Hz resolutions. The detected display is the MS Generic PnP monitor which I guess is the issue?

TIA for any help.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertynerd /forum/post/18238657

I've been running on 60Hz on my current system for over a year. I installed Catalyst 10.2 two days ago. Now I can only choose from interlaced (30Hz) resolutions. I've uninstalled all the ATI software/drivers. Even using the Windows driver, I can only select from 30Hz resolutions. The detected display is the MS Generic PnP monitor which I guess is the issue?

TIA for any help.

Are you using a xonar HDAV pass through? This same issue occured for me after installing more recent nvidia drivers. Only way to resolve it was to roll back drivers. It's been a problem for drivers going back months. I think I had to go back 6+ months.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, but I'm using a Xonar 2DX - I'm missing the connection?

Thanks. Looks like another reinstall is coming my way . . .

Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

ATI 5850

Intel 920

Asus P6T Deluxe v.2

6GB

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
It has to be a HDAV that takes the HDMI video stream, so it's unrelated.

Have you tried going to the CCC and forcing a HDTV resolution of 1080p 60Hz?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte /forum/post/18242048

It has to be a HDAV that takes the HDMI video stream, so it's unrelated.

Have you tried going to the CCC and forcing a HDTV resolution of 1080p 60Hz?

Ah, got it.

No I haven't - I was trying to figure it out last night but ran out of time. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts