AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for advice having a hard time choosing between tcp55st30 and 60pz550 both can be found for around the same price both have pros and cons but reviews seem to point towards the panny for pq and glare issues. i would like a 60in but the tcp60st30 is a bit out of my price range is 5in smaller worth the pq from the lg i'm at 11ft from the screen i'm afraid of screen door effect or poor pq at 11ft. Every one says go as big as you can afford i just dont want bad pq from a entry level plasma. Are they equal in pq i have not seen either set up anywhere. thanks

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts
They are not equal in PQ at all. The ST30 has a much better picture, with notably better black levels and contrast, and it has an excellent Anti-Reflective Filter where the LG has none at all and is very reflective. The ST30 is the best bang for the buck. No sense in getting a larger screen size if that means settling for inferior picture quality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. One more question i wanted to ask. 3d is not that important to me would the tcp60s30 be a good option at 11ft or does the pq drop on this set compared to the tcp60st30? This set can be found within my budget.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gempulse /forum/post/20879385

I'd go with the 55ST30, definitely or if you really want the 60inch, just wait and save a little extra cash then get the 60ST30.

Don't get the S30..

+1 save for the 60ST30! I was going to get a PZ550 but after seeing how it looked in store and reading reviews stating the black levels were higher than the pk550 (last years model) I took it off my list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.