AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't make up my mind between the Sony GWIII and the Toshiba HX93. I like the wide viewing anlgle, OOTB performance, and sharp bright picture all the way out to the edges and corners of the Sony's screen. But, I also like the contrast, blacks, built in HD tuner and price of the Toshiba. With the Sony, I could just do the service menu tweaks, but the Toshiba would require an ISF calibration. My main concern is how will dark material look on the GWIII. I watch alot of horror/ scifi movies and I want to know from other GWIII owners if they are satisfied watching these types of movies on their set. My gut tells me to get the Toshiba and wait for fixed pixel technology to improve. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
latest Home Theater Mag has a review of those 2 exact models along with 8 others in a "DLP, CRT, and LCD battle to the death". It addressed those concerns you have. Basically you already answered your own questions.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any reason the H93 should look better than the HX83? It's probably just a set to set variance, but the H93 I saw at BB looked way better than the HX83 I saw at HH Gregg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.