AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I'm having one heck of a time trying to install my dish pointing to the 61.5 bird. I need some suggestions. My configuration is as follows:

Dish 500 with a twin dual LNB pointing at 119 and 110

Dish 300 with a dual LNB pointing at 61.5 (165 az 40 el)

2 SW21s connected to the two dishes.

Echostar 6000

When I go thru the setup and select the 61.5 option, it states "Wrong Sat - EchoStar 119 West" I'm sure I've got the dish pointed at az/el. I've done a pan and scan of sorts to look for 61.5 and so far, I've got nothing.

Any suggestions? Should I disconnect the other dishes and connect the 61.5 directly to the 6000? I've done a check switch and it did detect the SW21.

I'm getting really really frustrated with this and I'm at my wits end.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanx,

Roel

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Do a direct hookup from the 6000 to the 61.5 dish until you have it found and peaked. AFTER this is done, do your full hookup of the SW21 / TWIn on the Dish500 as well as the 61.5 .

You can't run a check switch until you can "see" all slots before the "Check Switch" test. The receiver is seeing what responses it gets from each set of commands it sends out.

------------------

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you have only one receiver, you should need only one SW21.

As Scooper said, do a direct connection from the 61.5 dish to the 6000 first. When that's working and you've aimed the dish, then put the SW21 back in. Connect one of the Dish 500 output cables to input #1 on the SW21, and one of the 61.5 output cables to the #2 input on the siwtch. Run the "check switches" test and you should be in business.

------------------

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.

See http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most of the time, I don't read the menu doing installations. But on this one, better read it first. If you do it the wrong way, you could lock up your receiver.

The worst, call DISH technical service, they'll walk you through.

I think the key point for multidish installation is:

1) DO NOT HOOK UP your switch first. Directly connect your receiver with the 300 dish, and do a signal setup as if you are doing a sigal dish installation. Disconnect and do the same for the 500 dish, again bypass your switches.

2) AFTER you finished 1), hookup your switches.

3) Go the the multidish installation, and check your switch, and the rest will be easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.