AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 61" Sammy just arrived, finally!! Like most posts I have read the picture is unbelievable for some things but so so for others. I built a fireplace surround and a mantle to hold the TV. It looks great but when you sit to watch it dulls just a shade.

Any suggestions?

The TV is 50" off of the ground and the viewing distance is 13 - 19'.

Also Comcast came and brought the HD box and connected component cables. Should I use S video instead?

Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
50" is high for a DLP. Anyway you can move it to another location and put it on a stand? Thats the nature of the beast.

If you use S-video, you cannot watch HDTV, sort of defeats the purpose of the HD box. You need those component cables.

·
Registered
447 Posts
What what I understand the north and south viewing angles aren't that all great on the DLPs. Being over 4 feet off the ground seems a bit excessive.

And I would imagine using Component 1 over S-Video would produce a better picture.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Mine was not up that high, but I put two rubber door stop under it at the back to point it a bit downward at couch sitting/eye level.

Mark

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Agree with the above...50" off the ground is excessive.

S-video cannot pass an HD signal, if you want to watch HD you must use component.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to tilt the screen down about 10 degrees. Anyone have any suggestions on how to mount? I have two beams accross the ceiling I could use at the top but I don't want to take a chance doing something to the TV to ruin the warranty. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.