Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am currently a winner of a new JVC-30K on Ebay closed on Saturday. For $610.01, I cann't believe it. I sent an email to the seller, and I told him that the only payment method that I would accept will be the escrow. I havn't heard from him yet. Let us to guess the result!

I will provide updated information here

Xiaoyu,

·
Registered
296 Posts
Good freakin' deal man! Hope it's legit!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Darrin
Hmm...I would be carefull. That is STILL quite a bit of money to loose.

Good luck.
If I am not mistaken you are protected on ebay automatically for up to $500 so your risk is only $110.

But I would still do the escrow thing.

bb

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Hi,

I'd be very careful. It seems obvious that a scam artist has been monitoring the AVS Forum, and keeps offering the latest "hot gadget" at very low prices. Hopefully, they'll be caught soon.

Good Luck!

MarkF

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

I haven't heard anything today, but he was very responsive to answer my questions in the past and, he even told me how to transfer the money to him before auction was over. I got his address.

Ebay only covers max. $175 ($200-$25) for the fraud, but escrow is very safe.

Xiaoyu

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Are you sure it's the US version? The Japanese version is the same model number (minus U at the end), and won't do D-Theater.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it is HM-DH30000U and also, he stated this is a US version on his product description.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Dude, send him NOTHING until you have it in your hands and know it works 100%. You are nuts if you do not.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

I got his email today. He told me it takes three weeks to get paid if through escrow. I thought that may only take a week-I pay by credit card instantly, he shipps, I receive, then he get paid.

anyhow, I told him that I have a good friend living in Miami (his address for receive the money) and my friend can pay cash and pick up the product.

I am waiting for the response.

Xiaoyu,

·
Premium Member
7,235 Posts
Yikes. If your friend picks up the JVC you should have him demo it on the spot!

TM

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Xiaoyu:

The seller is full of crap...Tradenable escrow service will have the check in his hands no more than 3 days after you go online and authorize the payment. I agree with what others here say...stay far away from this transaction-it smells to high heaven!

Caveat Emptor...

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi,

The seller has zero feedback, but everyone has to start from somewhere. I would like to give him a chance to prove himself without risk my money, so escrow is the perfect way to do it. When final result comes out, I will publish all his information here for either good or bad. Now I offered that My friend can go to pickup the product will be the final test to him.

Xiaoyu,

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The Escrow service will not take 3 weeks. This seller is full of it. Xiaoyu, DON'T RISK THAT MONEY! Also, how can he get it for so little and sell it for so little, unless A: He doesn't actually have it or B: It's stolen...?

·
Registered
38 Posts
What could go wrong if his friend sees it work properly, and picks it up in person?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
He is Miami. Why did he list it on the Canadian Ebay?

He may be away from his PC, so that is why he is not answering his mail from you.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have gotten many tremendous deals on Ebay, but I think this one's

a sham. I wish you good luck with it, but I think you will get screwed.

Think about it. Do you want to buy the JVC (even at that price) without

any warranty protection? Scary.....VERY....scary. Again, good luck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.