AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
hi,actuallly, i have own one PG6200,and it use panasonic crt tube,but my friend's PG6200 use nec tube,and my other friend's PG9200 use the same tube as mine!

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
YES.

Marc

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Totally second Tinmans reply.....YES . They are the exact same tube, REGARDLESS of what sticker is on the outside. Even if for some reason it is a Panasonic sticker, ANY PG tube will work in your 9200. Guaranteed. You could even put a PG6000 red tube in there if you wanted and it would work too !

·
Registered
251 Posts
GN2,

Not quite right. The PG6200/9200 green tube is NOT compatible with the green tubes from the PG6100/9100 and PG6000/PG9000 projectors. (The red and blue tubes are, however.)

If you need a PG6200/9200 green tube, you could try ordering an XG75 green - they should be identical.

- David Eddy

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
dje: BUT the PG 6/9000 green WILL work in his 6/9200. The ONLY reason a 6/9200 tube won't work in a 6/9000 is because there is physically not enough room for the longer tube, but they do function totally compatibly, as I've actually installed an XG green in a PG 6000. It *just* fit, with the neck board butted right up against the back, but it did function exactly as it should have. Why you'd want to put an XG or PG Extra green in a PG permanently, I don't know, but if you had no choice, I can say from my experience(experiment) that it will work. To put any older tubes in a newer machine is no problem.

Also, outside of Australia, the XG tubes are priced several hundred MORE than the PG Extra tubes even though the green is exactly the same.

·
Registered
251 Posts
gn2,

My apologies, I bow to your experience. I assumed the longer neck length would mean that the magnetics and coils would require different design parameters.

- David Eddy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.