AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey forum-ers!

I recently purchased and received the Samsung 64d7000 and this has been the largest and newest TV I've purchased in years so my experience owning a TV of this calibur and size is limited, but since I've purchased it I've noticed a lot of heat eminating from the back of the panel. It also has a little bit of a warmish plastic smell (not very descriptive, I know). I know older LCDs and Plasmas I have been around have done this but I haven't read anything about people experiencing this "issue"?

It's entirely possible that it's normal and I'm just not used to it. Maybe a break in period? There is no peeling of the TV at all nor any other "issues" so I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks for your help and consideration!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Plasmas can get very hot, especially very large ones so this is normal. They are way more efficient than they used to be though. My way old 42 put out a lot more heat than my new 60 does, which was surprising.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The heat is normal.. Most of it should exit through the front glass though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies all!!

Good to know that heat is considered normal for this unit. It isn't that bothersome to me if it's expected but I hadn't read anyone writing about it so I got concerned that I was getting a new problem.

I have no peeling issues whatsoever at this point so I can't confirm that the issues are related.

I am using predominately Movie mode with adjustments provided by user: TivoHD in the settings/calibration thread.

Again, thanks for all your help! Just want to make sure nothing bad is going to happen to it if I wall mount it and such!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts