AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Vizio yesterday and asked when the 65 incher was coming out,,,, they emailed back today and said it come's out tomorrow, Sat. 12/11/10.


Very cool !!!!!!


Cheers

Davyo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/19628690


The model number is XVT3D650SV,,, at least thats whats listed on the Vizio website.


Cheers

Davyo

I checked out the website and I think Vizio has either the description or model number wrong as they call it a Razor, which is their edge lit line, but the model number is an XVT which is full array...will be interesting to see.


Side note, hopefully they go back to the matte screen rather than the glossy one on the current XVT3D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
524 Posts
Does this mean Costco will be putting it up for sale tomorrow?


I am on the fence about Vizio. I tried them a few years ago and was not all that impressed but they seem to have come a long ways. If this set looks good and is priced right I might bite to replace my 67" DLP that is getting up there.


I am really curious about the price? With Wally World selling a 55" 1080P 120Hz LCD TV for the same price I paid for my 32" Samsung 720P 60Hz set just a few years ago. Not that I would buy this set at Wally World but things are definitely trending downward and this Vizio just might surprise us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 /forum/post/19629288


Does this mean Costco will be putting it up for sale tomorrow?


I am on the fence about Vizio. I tried them a few years ago and was not all that impressed but they seem to have come a long ways. If this set looks good and is priced right I might bite to replace my 67" DLP that is getting up there.


I am really curious about the price? With Wally World selling a 55" 1080P 120Hz LCD TV for the same price I paid for my 32" Samsung 720P 60Hz set just a few years ago. Not that I would buy this set at Wally World but things are definitely trending downward and this Vizio just might surprise us.

Dont know if Costco or Sams will have them in stock right away, but the email did say the 65 incher comes out today.


As far as being on the fence with Vizio,, all I can say is I have the 55" LED Vizio 552 and it has been stellar panel,,,, killer picture and no problems what so ever.


Cheers

Davyo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I for one work at SAMs, and the 65 in is in our system as am active item but does not say how many we have on order nor when we will get them. Seeing as how we just received the 5543d I can only imagine we won't have this tv for another few weeks. Maybe even after first of the year, but I will say the price is relatively high but for 65 in. It's not plus it comes with 4 sets of glasses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmuldrow /forum/post/19632783


I for one work at SAMs, and the 65 in is in our system as am active item but does not say how many we have on order nor when we will get them. Seeing as how we just received the 5543d I can only imagine we won't have this tv for another few weeks. Maybe even after first of the year, but I will say the price is relatively high but for 65 in. It's not plus it comes with 4 sets of glasses.


I went to my local Sams today and asked about the 65 incher,,, the guy I spoke with said Vizio is not coming out with a 65 incher but they are coming out with a 60 incher,,, when I tried to explain to him that he was mistaken about the size he was not giving in,,, he was lookng at me like I was a dumbass while telling me its a 60 inch set and not a 65 inch set,,,,,, Ohhh well,,, whata ya guna do.


He also said it was not in the system and he did not think Sams would be selling the 60" Vizio,,,,,,, at that point I just had to leave the store.


Anyhow,, I drove over to Costco and the 65 incher is in their system but they are not sure when to expect arrival,,,, they said it could be any day,,,, the price was below the MSRP listed on Vizio's website.


Cheers

Davyo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/19632935


I went to my local Sams today and asked about the 65 incher,,, the guy I spoke with said Vizio is not coming out with a 65 incher but they are coming out with a 60 incher,,, when I tried to explain to him that he was mistaken about the size he was not giving in,,, he was lookng at me like I was a dumbass while telling me its a 60 inch set and not a 65 inch set,,,,,, Ohhh well,,, whata ya guna do.


He also said it was not in the system and he did not think Sams would be selling the 60" Vizio,,,,,,, at that point I just had to leave the store.


Anyhow,, I drove over to Costco and the 65 incher is in their system but they are not sure when to expect arrival,,,, they said it could be any day,,,, the price was below the MSRP listed on Vizio's website.


Cheers

Davyo

And do you expect this edge-lit model to perform up to the level of the back-lit, local dimming 55 inch? Or as well as your Pansonic 65S2?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmuldrow /forum/post/19632783


I for one work at SAMs, and the 65 in is in our system as am active item but does not say how many we have on order nor when we will get them. Seeing as how we just received the 5543d I can only imagine we won't have this tv for another few weeks. Maybe even after first of the year, but I will say the price is relatively high but for 65 in. It's not plus it comes with 4 sets of glasses.

I am mad its not in my system yet so I can take pre orders
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,631 Posts
So I take it the "Smart Dimming" will be what Samsung calls "Percision Dimming". The 421vt has the same feature and Vizio actually specfies it as "16 zone smart dimming technology and the 424SV is edge-lit with 128 zones that's quite a bit of difference so I'll guess we'll see?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/19635652


And do you expect this edge-lit model to perform up to the level of the back-lit, local dimming 55 inch? Or as well as your Pansonic 65S2?

Not sure what to expect as far as PQ from the new Vizio 65 incher,,,,,, yes, I currently have the 65" S2 Panny plasma, but I also have a 55" Vizio full back-lit LED and Im of the opinion that both of my TV's put out an amazing picture.


The new 65" Vizio does give me cause for concern because it is edge-lit but who knows how it will look until its seen in person.


Vizio has been doing some good things with their panels in the last few years and Im sure they know this 65 incher is going to be getting alot of attention, so I cant see them putting out this TV if its a peice of crap,,, they have a bit riding on this one.


Its Vizio's first 65 incher,,,, and,,, as far as I know, is the first passive 3D panel to come out in the US,, just those two things alone are going to get this panel much attention so Im sure Vizio wants to make a good impression.


My big interest in this panel is the passive 3D,,,, having never seen passive 3D before (except in the movie theaters) Im very interested to see how it compares to active 3D.


Cheers

Davyo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo /forum/post/19637771


The new 65" Vizio does give me cause for concern because it is edge-lit but who knows how it will look until its seen in person.

I agree, but the one thing I will say is the Vizio threads aren't flooded with flash lighting complaints so that's a plus. One thing I still can't understand is why they refuse to address the USB ports...this is their front and center display.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaway1836 /forum/post/19654584


Vizio's website is showing it as available at both Sams and Costco. But I don't see it yet at either of their sites yet. I know that at least in Costco's case there's a good chance it will show up in-store before the site.
http://www.vizio.com/led-lcd-hdtvs/xvt3d650sv.html

I called both my local Sams and Costco today and neither store has the 65 incher in stock yet,,,, Sams told me they are not in their system and they are not sure if they are getting them,,, Costco tells me they are in their system and says they dont know when they will get them in stock.


If anyone see's the 65 incher live and in person at a Sams or a Costco please post and let us know.


Cheers

Davyo
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top